Istituto Superiore Mario Boella of Turin, Italy is looking for
Junior researcher on Internet of things systems and services
The Istituto Superiore Mario Boella (ISMB) is an Applied Research and Innovation Centre focused on Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). Founded in 2000 from Compagnia di San Paolo and the Polytechnic University of Turin.
The selected candidate will join the Internet of Things (IOT) Service Management Research Unit, where he will be involved in research, project and development tasks focusing on the integration of devices and services in IOT in several application scenarios and pilot projects in a safe and efficient way. In the short term, the selected candidate will be involved in agile research teams performing analysis, project and development activities, mostly adopting and extending open-source software solutions for IOT, in different application domains. In the medium long-term, the selected candidate will also be required to grow his/her knowledge on best design/development pattern, on agile development techniques, on open IOT standards and on the available solutions (e.g. middleware, tools, services) even contributing to established open-source initiatives and supporting the release and maintenance of new open-source projects.
- Degree in: Information Technology (IT), Engineering and Information Technology, Telematic Engineering or equivalent;
- Creative, proactive attitude combined with a strong interest in developing innovative solutions working on open technologies.
- Basic knowledge of Team Development support tools (e.g. versioning, Eclipse IDE, testing, etc.);
- English Language Proficiency (level C1);
- Ability to work both individually and actively join and interact with international, geographically dispersed team.
Preferable, but not essential
- Good knowledge of Linux system or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of open source technologies and devices;
- Experience in programming software for distributed environments;
- Experience and a record of collaboration with open source technologies and tools;
- Knowledge of the best-practice in software development;
- Knowledge of IT-security issues;
- Experience in the use of one or more of the OSGi framework implementation (Felix, Equinox, Knoplerfish, etc.)
- Fixed-term contract
- Duration:12 to 24 months, 40 hrs. per week;
- Annual Gross Salary min. 25.000 max 32.000 Euros;
- Meal tickets provided.
How to apply:
Please send your up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the Subject which position you're applying for.
Last date to apply: 20th May 2018