Agreement with Lyon (France)
Lyon and Torino, given the extremely rich network of cooperation which involves different actors on their respective territories, signed along the years several agreements. In 1991 a firs bilateral cooperation agreement was signed, concerning culture, university, urban planning, economy, transports. Then the cooperation continued through the project Alpine Diamond, aiming at developing initiatives among Lyon, Torino and Genoa. In 2004 an economic cooperation agreement was signed instead among Barcelona/Lyon/Torino and several thematic meetings followed. More recently, in 2007 a cultural cooperation agreement was signed for supporting Lyon in its candidature as European Capital of Culture 2013.
In 2011 a large economic-cultural delegation of Lyon, led by the Mayor Gérard Collomb, came to Torino. On that occasion the Mayor Fassino and the Mayor Collomb established to revive the cooperation between the two cities signing a new agreement. In 2011 and 2012 the Deputy Mayor in charge of Culture of Lyon Georges Képénékian and the Deputy Mayor Braccialarghe met in Lyon (October) and in Torino (February) to boost cultural relations. The mission of the Mayor Fassino and the Deputy Mayor Braccialarghe on May 2012 has been the occasion to concretize such a path and a new Cooperation Agreement has been signed focusing on: "smart cities" strategies, urban transformation and regeneration, culture, communication and tourist promotion, gastronomy, education, health care and social policies, economic development.
- November 29th-30th 2012: the Public Spaces Redevelopment Department and the City Planning Directorate of the City of Torino met a delegation of technicians of the City of Lyon interested in the issue of the large urban transformations in Torino.
- February 1st-5th 2012: a group of ten citizens from the metropolitan area of Grand Lyon, accompanied by two officers of the administration, has been received in Torino. They visited the urban transformations of Torino and the main initiatives promoted in the city districts.
- February 1st 2012: the Deputy Mayor for culture of the City of Torino Maurizio Braccialarghe met the Deputy Mayor for culture of the City of Lyon Georges Képénékian.
- September 23rd settembre 2011: the Mayor of the City of Torino Piero Fassino, the Deputy Mayor in charge of Culture, Promotion and Tourism Maurizio Braccialarghe, the Deputy Mayor in charge of Environment and Smart Cities Enzo Lavolta and the Deputy Mayor in charge of City Planning and Integration Ilda Curti met the Mayor of Lyon Gérard Collomb and the Deputy Mayor in charge of International Affairs, European Affairs and Tourism Jean-Michel Daclin.
- October 1st 2008: the Deputy Mayor in charge of Environment of the City of Torino Domenico Mangone met the managers of the "Animalité Urbaine" project of the City of Lyon.
- June 16th 2005: the Mayor Sergio Chiamparino met a delegation from Lyon led by Mr Gilles Buna, Deputy Mayor responsible for Town Planning and Sustainable Development of the City of Lyon.
- CULTURE: EUROCITIES LIVING TOGETHER IN EUROPE TOUR
- LEONARDO DA VINCI: YOUTH COUNSELLING AND SOCIAL INCLUSION
- R3L: LOCAL PACTS "SCHOOL-ACTIVE LIFE"
- SOSTEGNO ALLE AZIONI DI GEMELLAGGIO TRA CITTA'
- INTERREG III C: L.U.C.I. - Lighting Urban Community International
- ALPINE SPACE: CO2 NeuTrAlp - Neutral Transport for the Alpine Space
- ALCOTRA: Working without borders
- COMENIUS: P.A.T.H.S.
- FSE: Lutte contre les discrimination dans la gestion des ressources des collectivités territoriales