The church, dedicated to the Madonna, is situated at the top of Monte dei Cappuccini. Building began in 1584 to plans by Ascanio Vitozzi and the church was consecrated in 1656. The building has a central plan in the form of a Greek cross and is surmounted by a dome with an octagonal base. The beautiful main altar is the work of Carlo and Amedeo di Castellamonte (1634 - 37).
Via Giardino Gaetano Ettore 35 (Monte dei Cappuccini) - map
From Corso Vittorio Emanuele II - Stazione Porta nuova: bus 52 towards Adua
Learn about available routes on 5t website
Beside the church is the Museo Nazionale della Montagna “Duca degli Abruzzi”.